Monday, August 27, 2012

August 24th, 2012

Rylan's Birth Story......

My world is completely different and I could not be more excited! I cannot explain the love I have for my little boy. He is absolutely perfect and is so beautiful! On Friday morning I woke up around midnight with horrible cramping. I had been cramping the day before but didn't think that is what contractions were going to feel like. When I woke up I decided to take a warm bath and see if they would go away... in my mind, I didn't want to think it was the real thing because if I got myself too excited then I was sure they would just stop. After being super uncomfortable I decided to wake Kyle up and tell him that I thought it was the real deal. For about an hour and a half I had been timing the contractions telling myself that if I had just one more I would go get him up, but I was so nervous that I kept letting them go and go. Once we headed to the hospital I was in quite a bit of pain but it was bearable. When they checked me I was only a 2 and 80% effaced. So, of course they told me to walk the halls for an hour and they would check me again. The night before Kyle had hurt his ankle so there was no chance that he was going to be walking with me : (..... after an hour of walking the halls and seriously going pee every 3 minutes I had them check me again and I was almost a 3 but not enough progress to be admitted. I seriously thought I was going to cry. I couldn't believe that I was getting sent home and that I was barely progressing, how disappointing. Once we got home I was in a lot more pain. My contractions were now about every 4 minutes and it was to the point that I could barely say a word during them. My amazing mother in law came over and helped me labor while Kyle tried to get some rest because he knew it was going to be a long day. As the contractions got stronger, the back labor set in and I was in so much pain. At about 7:30 am we decided to head back to the hospital and see how far I had progressed. When we got to triage I could barely stand the contractions so they hurried and checked me in and got a nurse to check me right away. I was now 4 1/2 centimeters and 100% effaced and the nurse said my water was ready to break. Once they walked me over to a delivery room they hooked up my IV and called the anesthesiologist. Once I got the epidural I was in a whole new world. After a little while my doc came in, checked me broke my water and things were really rolling! Pretty soon I was 10 centimeters and ready to push. I started pushing at 2:00 pm, after 21 actual minutes of pushing and only 10 contractions our amazing baby boy was here.
Rylan Richard Beebe
8 lbs. 9 oz.
21 1/4 inches long
This little boy is my everything. I can't explain the love I feel for him and how I would do absolutely anything to make sure he has the most perfect life. He is so precious and I cannot believe we created this little miracle. I am the happiest I have ever been and I would absolutely never change anything for the world.
Welcome to the world sweet baby boy, Mommy and Daddy love you so much xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment